Walking Workouts in an Incline Treadmill
Walking on an incline treadmill allows you to imitate the experience of trekking up a hill. This is an innovation in your treadmill cardio workout because in the long run, you need to modify your exercise to get better results.
The Benefits of Using an Incline Treadmill
1. Walking in an incline treadmill challenges your cardiovascular endurance more. This is a good workout for people who are not able to jump start on high speed runs but can endure long duration exercises. People who have a medical condition and cannot run at high speeds can still perform treadmill weight loss workouts to keep their body in great shape.
2. Using incline tread mills allow you to have a cardio workout without putting too much stress on your legs, knees and hip. Since this fitness treadmill will require walking until brisk walking only, there will be less impact on your body when you do the workout.
3. Exercising using an incline treadmill needs less physical requirements than running on a flat platform. Yet, the results of running on a treadmill in a short period of time and walking on an inclined platform are the same. Therefore, even if you don’t have the physical capabilities to run fast, you can still burn the same calories using a treadmill set-up in a high gradient.
4. Walking in an incline treadmill allows you to stretch your muscles and tendons well. This serves as a good warm up activity since your muscles will be loosen up well after a few minutes. Doing this while carrying weights will let you have a better workout and not only something to stretch your muscles.
5. Exercising in an inclined plane is something new and exciting for people who are bored with the same and old running on a treadmill.
Using an Incline Treadmill as Physical Therapy
The only drawback of this exercise is that you might get bored if you do this repeatedly for a long time so diversity is highly recommended. Aside from this, walking in an incline treadmill has no other limitations known so far. People who are recovering from physical injuries can use this exercise as a form of physical therapy. People who were in accidents and are just healing are recommended to use this method to completely recover for their injuries.