Get Into Shape with Treadmill Workouts
Exercising on the treadmill with the same pace and time on a regular basis will not be very effective to let you get in shape immediately. If you want to lose that excess weight and trim down your figure, you need to follow certain treadmill workouts. Moreover, you must devote your time into following these workouts as religiously as possible. To get the best results, you must add some form of diversity in every workout scheme that you have in mind.
The Correct Treadmill Workouts
There are three basic exercises that you can do with an exercise treadmill. For perfect results, you should do these three alternately and not limit yourself with only one of them. Additionally, you can also add some modifications in any of these exercises so that you won’t only add to the effectiveness of the exercise but it will also add enjoyment to it when you do it.
1. Walking is the most common exercise that you can do on a treadmill. This workout is a good warm up and cool down exercise. Doing this before and after the actual workout will let your muscles be prepared for the intensity of the entire physical activity. You can modify this into brisk walking which means faster walking pace for speedy results.
2. Running on a treadmill is the second type of these treadmills workout. After warming your muscles up, you can run to test your limits. During the first sessions of your running exercises, you will surely start at a slow speed. As time goes by, you should gradually increase your maximum speed as your body learns to adjust to this physical activity. As you become fit, your maximum speed will surely become higher that your previous speed.
3. The last activity of these treadmill workouts is jogging. Once you get the body that you want, you should try to maintain it. You can maintain it by jogging on a frequent basis.
Safety in Treadmill Workouts
When exercising on a fitness treadmill, you should be cautious and think of the safety of every step that you take. You should make sure that your treadmill is well-maintained to prevent it from breaking down at the middle of a workout since that would be very hazardous for your run.
Install your treadmill in area where you can swing your arms freely without hitting on any object near it. Furthermore, you should ensure that your treadmill is well-lubricated so you can maximize the functionality of your equipment.
How to Prepare for Treadmill Use
The treadmill is primarily used to perform exercise activities in the form of walking and running. Weight loss is the main goal of every person who uses the treadmill while some aim to maintain an athletic body that is ready to compete for any kind of physical activity. To get the best results, proper treadmill use should always be kept in mind.
The treadmill is an equipment that is simple and easy to use. Among all exercise equipments that you can find inside the gym, the treadmill is one of the easiest to operate and most efficient to use. Using a motorised treadmill will surely make your workouts trouble-free to perform and you can be able to motivate yourself to improve your running pace and time as you challenge yourself to do better in your next run.
Preparing for your treadmill use is very important so that your whole body is ready for the upcoming physical strain that it will undergo. Preparing for the run involves warming yourself up and gradually increasing your pace through time.
The Right Preparations for Treadmill Use
The treadmill is your ultimate fitness running machine. This means that the main use of this fitness equipment is for running laps. Thus, the preparations that you must do for this activity involves stretching your arm and leg muscles, and warming them up for long-time running. There are several stretching exercises that you can perform to prepare your muscles for an hour of running.
Another way to prepare is by brisk walking on the treadmill. You can perform brisk walking for 5 to 10 minutes to warm up your leg muscles. While doing this, you should swing your arms naturally so that they get warmed up as well. Carrying dumbbells while walking is one of the most innovative treadmill walking workouts that can provide better results in the long run.
Health Benefits of Preparing for Treadmill Use
The main health benefit of preparing for treadmill use is making your after-workout experience less painful. By preparing for treadmill use, you let your muscles be ready for the stress and strain of the workout. This ensures that your muscles expects the physical activity that they will undergo. Through stretching and brisk walking, your muscles will loosen up such that they will be relaxed to handle the stress of running on a treadmill.
How to Get the Most in Your Treadmill Walking Workouts
Most people prefer to have their own walking treadmill at home due to the convenience of performing indoor treadmill walking workouts that doing it outdoors. There are lots of advantages choosing to do it inside your home and they are as follows.
Advantages of Treadmill Walking Workouts
- It is more convenient to perform walking exercise indoors because you can do it anytime you want. You can simply step on the treadmill, set your pace and time, and you can undergo your routine treadmill walking workouts.
- You have control over the environmental conditions when you choose to perform treadmill cardio at home. Inside your home, you don’t have to worry about the gusty wind, the heavy rain, or the scorching heat of the sun because you do your treadmill walking workouts with the protection of your home.
- It is safer to do your daily treadmill use inside your home. If you choose to do this, you are free from all the hazards that are wide open on the streets. Doing indoor treadmill walking workouts frees you from certain incidents and worries such as experiencing heavy traffic, getting hit by gangsters, or getting lost due to confusing walking trails.
- You can perform several multitasking activities if you opt to do indoor walking treadmill workouts. You can use the equipment as a TV treadmill and watch your most anticipated shows while exercising. You can read the newspaper or a magazine while walking on your treadmill. You can even watch over your kids while losing that weight if you do it indoors.
Choosing to perform indoor treadmill walking workouts lets you burn the same calories as walking outdoors. If you want to create a more realistic simulation of the outdoor trail, you can use an incline treadmill and increase the gradient of your walking exercise.
The Medical Use of the Treadmill – The Stress Treadmill Test
In the medical industry, the treadmill is used as a device to determine heart diseases specifically finding a blockage in the heart. A patient that is suspected to have a heart disease is exposed to the medical treadmill stress treadmill test. This produces better results than a regular treadmill test because a person is subject to treadmill workouts while the test is ongoing.
Symptoms of heart disease may not show if a person is tested at a resting condition. His true condition can only be exposed during a stress treadmill test. Thus, better diagnosis can be given to that person that will help him resolve his current medical condition.
When a person is subjected to stress during a heart test, his healthy arteries tend to open up a bit more while blocked arteries do not. Therefore, after a few moments of running on a treadmill, a person with a heart problem will immediately experience chest pains and shortness of breathing compared to a person who doesn’t have it. In this kind of test, electric stress treadmills are preferred over other types of cardiovascular exercise machines because they provide more steady results.
Reasons in Getting a Stress Treadmill Test
Medical experts recommend stress test for certain reason such as:
To evaluate a person who possesses the symptoms of coronary artery diseases
- To evaluate a person who might not possess the symptoms of coronary artery diseases by have high risks of acquiring it
- To determine whether a person can perform excessively strenuous exercise even if he experiences immediate shortness of breathing and tiredness when doing so
- To know the state of people with borderline hypertension condition
- To induce exercise-triggered irregular heart beats
It is important to note that stress treadmill test can only be reliable if done properly. If a person takes in medicine or uses an equipment like a pacemaker that can alter his real heart condition, the results obtained from running on a stress treadmill may not be accurate.
Preparation for the Stress Treadmill Test
Prior to the stress treadmill test, a person is required to undergo these preparation steps.
- A person is not allowed to eat or drink three hours before the electric treadmill stress test to prevent nausea felt when a person experiences heavy physical stress after a big meal. For insulin-dependent patients, a special instruction is given to them prior to the test.
- Intake of heart medicines are needed to be stopped a couple of days before the test.
- During the stress treadmill test, running shoes and outfit should be worn.
Top low price treadmill deals you can find here /shop/deals
A Guide to Treadmill Cardio Workouts
Usually, treadmill users think that exercising on a treadmill can only be done by stepping on it and then, lifting your feet in a continuous manner until an ample amount of time has elapsed. Most users do walking, jogging, or running on a treadmill on a consistent time basis yet they are not aware that it isn’t a very effective treadmill cardio workout. Some best Cardio Treadmill deals you can check here /brand/3g-cardio/
An effective treadmill cardio workout involves three specific steps that should be taken in proper order. Taking this steps makes the exercise more effective and so you can be able to see the results compared with simply having treadmill cardio without these steps in mind. These three steps include warming up, increasing workout pace and time, and cooling down.
Three Treadmill Cardio Steps
- Warming Up – Stretching your muscles before a full-blown treadmill cardio workout is important so that you minimize the pain that you will feel after. Stretching allows your muscles to prepare for the strenuous activity that you will perform using them. This will allow the lactic acid that will be produced during the workout to flow freely in your muscles which makes after-workout pain more tolerable to bear. Aside from stretching, doing a few treadmill walking workouts for about five minutes is also helpful in preparing your entire body for the workout. Walking will also allow your heart to prepare for the treadmill cardio workout.
- Increasing Workout Pace and Time – Once you are all warmed up, you can now increase your speed and run on it. If you have already been working out before, you probably have determined your running pace and time. Perform your treadmill cardio using these values and maintain this pace for about four weeks. After such time, you can increase your running pace and time so that you can improve your workout. An ideal way to determine your pace and time is to perform a treadmill EKG test. This will let you determine the acceptable running pace and time that isn’t risky for your overall health.
- Cooling Down – When you have finished running your limits, never forget to cool down after the treadmill cardio workout. If you forget to do this, it may lead to muscle cramps or to unbearable muscle pain. You should gradually lower down your pace as you head towards a halt. This will also allow your muscles to stretch further, leaving more room for all the lactic juices to pass through.
Monitor Your Treadmill Cardio Workout With a Treadmill EKG
Remember that performing treadmill cardio workout should earn its results. There are two ways to prove this, and these are experiencing treadmill weight loss and having a healthier heart activity that can be interpreted through treadmill EKG.
If you want to make sure that you are running on the right track, it is best to have a treadmill EKG so that you can monitor all of your heart’s activity during the treadmill cardio workout. This way, you will be able to know in real time how well you have improved from the past months that you have been performing treadmill cardio.
Easy and Effective Treadmill Weight Loss Tips
People hit the gym, join sports club, and participate in various physical activities to attain one similar goal of losing weight. Now, this can be done without even leaving your home through these treadmill weight loss tips. How convenient it will be to lose those pounds and turn into a healthy lifestyle at the comforts of your own home. These treadmill weight loss tips will also allow you to enjoy your workouts if you use a TV treadmill. Install the treadmill in front of a TV and you can have a TV treadmill that will help you burn those calories. Check our top treadmill deals here /shop/
Treadmill Weight Loss Workout Tips
In any workout regimen, what is important is you maintain to do it in a regular basis. If you repeatedly do an exercise routine, you will surely grow bored and tired of it which might lead you to stopping the exercise. This will prevent you to shave off those excess calories. If you perform treadmill weight loss workouts, you will surely be motivated because it does not only offer you diversity but it is also one of the most effective forms of exercise that we have around. To get effective results of a treadmill weight loss workout, here are a few tips to follow.
- Install your treadmill in area that gives you the motivation to pursue the running on a treadmill. One of the best possible spot is in front of the television. Watching television while using the treadmill for weight loss allows you to get absorbed by the TV shows that you forget you are straining yourself to burn those calories.
- The treadmill offers you an avenue for different cardiovascular workouts. You can alternately perform these treadmill cardio workouts – walking, jogging, and running. At the start of the session, you should begin by walking on the treadmill. After a couple of minutes, you can turn it into jogging. Finally, you can go on a full-blown running exercise. At the end, you slow down into jogging and finish it off with walking.
- For effective results, increase you treadmill use even within the day. Walking or jogging on the treadmill even for about 15 minutes three times a day enhances the results of your workout. Increased frequency will provide you with astonishing results even in just a short period of time. You can see improvements in your weight if you frequent the use of the treadmill.
- Take advantage of the convenience offered by the indoor exercise treadmill you have. Use it well and improve your health.
By taking these four treadmill weight loss tips, you will be able to have a leaner body that is fit and healthy. Do this along with proper diet and you can have the body that you always wanted. So, get up, shake yourself off, and begin running away from your immobile lifestyle towards a healthier you.